Monday, February 14, 2011

pari passu & le rubis précieux

I learned a new phrase, today: pari passu.

It's a financial investment term. It is Latin. It means 'of equal step'.

I like that I learned that phrase on Valentine's Day. It gives me hope that I'll find someone who walks out this life with me. That would be a great big miracle, really.

I'm reading this book to improve my French. It's called "La valée des rubis", par Joseph Kessel... Il s'agit de rubis qui se trouvent dans la jungle birmane. Les rubis sont le pierre précieuse la plus rare, la plus chere...

I can barely understand it. It's just outside my comprehension. But my heart is stirred by everything to do with Burma these days. So, this french story about finding precious rubies, hidden deep in the Burmese jungle... is exactly my kind of story.

And reading it feels like love: it really doesn't matter to me that I don't understand most of it. I am finding that it's worth taking the time with it.

Happy Valentine's Day. May you find what your heart desires, your precious rubies and your next steps.

Les rubis les plus précieux sont en plein cœur.

1 comment: